The Electrical Safety Course: Electrical Supervisor will take place on September 25th from 9am-4pm at the 2019 Manitoba Electrical Expo (Victoria Inn Convention Centre).
Registration for the course is $225 – EAM members can register at the discounted rate of $175
Electrical Supervisor course will cover the following topics:
- Legislative requirements, including the Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulations, the Criminal Code of Canada;
- Review of CSA Z460 (Control of Hazardous energy), Z462 (Workplace Electrical Safety), Z462 (Electrical Systems Maintenance;
- Lockout, tagout
- Energized electrical work permits;
- Working with live power, including temporary power;
- Rights, roles and responsibilities of supervisors and employees;
- Internal Responsibility System (IRS);
- Documentation, due diligence, compliance and planning;
- Hazard recognition, risk assessment and risk control;
- Inspection, incident causation and investigations;
- Problem solving (Plan-Do-Check-Act, or PDCA cycle);
- Principles of continual improvement.
Lunch will be provided. Please include any food preferences / allergy concerns.
To register please contact EAMTradeshow@gmail.com
- September 25, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm