The Electrical Safety Course: Personal Protective Equipment will take place on September 24th from 9am-4pm at the 2019 Manitoba Electrical Expo (Victoria Inn Convention Centre).
Registration for the course is $225 – EAM members can register at the discounted rate of $175
Personal Protection Equipment course will cover the following topics:
- The electrical worker must know that there’s more to personal protective equipment (PPE) than just rubber insulating gloves and electrically insulated hand tools. Gloves alone won’t protect a worker from electric arc flash.
- Do you know how to identify an electrically insulated hand tool from a non-insulated one?
- How to determine the appropriate arc flash protection?
- Based on a risk assessment, current legislation and industry best practices this course describes the selection of various types of personal protective equipment available for use by the electrical worker.
- The rationale for PPE selection is defined as well as its use, care and the expected life cycle of the equipment.
- Electrical test requirements of the PPE and its pre-use inspections are also covered.
- Anyone involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment will benefit from this course. Especially those workers and their supervisors, who are involved in troubleshooting and diagnostic testing of energized electrical equipment
Lunch will be provided. Please include any food preferences / allergy concerns.
To register please contact EAMTradeshow@gmail.com
- September 24, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm